View Single Post
      06-19-2007, 12:52 PM   #176
rtjones
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1999 328i, 1995 VW Passat

Between this post, a couple other stickies within "Wash, Wax, Detailing and Exterior repairs", the Zaino website, there I've read and learned a tremendous amount of info on detailing, and specifically how to use the Zaino products.

I've changed my routines for my cars. One thing I learned from detailing my '99 328i over the last couple of weeks is - it's a lot of work!!!

Once I receive my new 335i, and do the initial prep, my maintenance on both cars will be:

Full detail every year:
- wash/dry
- clay
- Z-AIO
- Z5/ZFX
- Z6
- Z2
- Z8
- interior trim, leather

Mini detail every year (alternating 6 months):

- wash/dry
- Z5/ZFX
- Z6
- Z2
- Z8

If a light polish and clay once a year is good enough for picus, it is good enough for me. The guys at Zaino also recommend claying once a year. In between wash every 1-3 weeks (depending on how dirty it is) with Z7 and finishing with Z6, vacuum, clean dash/interior trim as necessary. Between the 2 cars, this will give me my fill for auto detailing! Thanks all for your inputs. Special thanks to David, picus and George. It is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I also plan on buying David's recommended polisher before doing my 2nd car - it should be much much easier putting on the AIO, and 2 coats of sealant.
Appreciate 0