View Single Post
      05-16-2011, 04:17 PM   #1
frozenfire
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i SG

Cruise Control Malfunction (Procede Install?)

So I just installed my procede v4 last night, I got it used so I can only use v4 for now, I am holidng off paying the extra $150 to unlock untill I can at least get it working right.

After my install I keep getting the "Cruise Control Malfunction " message on my idrive, or I dont get any message and I just see the cruise control as --- mph. Anyone have any idea of what is going on?

Yes I did search... all I could find was this thread:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=453931
seems like the OP solved his probelm... But I have no idea how. My problem is pretty much the same.

I did triple check my procede connections (during college, I worked doing prototype and robotic equiptment testing so I know my way around cables and harnesses pretty well) with that said I am certain my procede is installed correctly (at least I am sure I did everything from the youtube video correctly).

I have the last v4 firmware that is posted on shivs site (firmware 29, w/maps 8-17), however I've read that there is a firmware 130... however I can't find that anywhere (I'm not even sure that would solve my problem).

Thanks for any help guys. If it has been answered before, please link it, I honestly couldnt find it.

Update from post #17
I a snaped some pics of what it looks like (taken on map 0). Those are the two things that it does, either:

1) nothing and stays with the --- mph (picture 1)
or
2) gives me a "cruise control malfunction" warning on my idrive and displays that on the gauges then (picture 2)

as for the events that trigger one or the other, I do not know, seems to show the first picture first, then eventually, if I keep messing with it the second... then when I turn off/on the car it starts again showing the first...
Attached Images

Last edited by frozenfire; 05-16-2011 at 11:30 PM..
Appreciate 0