Thread: E92 335i intro
View Single Post
      12-02-2012, 05:52 AM   #9
JJH
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: IB E92 M3 DCT; SG E90 325i

Thanks guys for the comments and the great welcome. Appreciate the responses related to the DP question I had read about – perhaps a sign of just too much information out there! In retrospect, perhaps the issue is a result of some people not running any cats at all. I’m certainly intending to keep the secondaries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootah View Post
welcome mate - nice ride - love black just to lazy to keep a black car clean
Yeah mate, black has its issues and is going to be a challenge. But I have been there before with a Diamond Black met E36 328i Individual and other dark cars anyway. The plus is that it is a weekend toy and remains under a cover in a garage all other times. That should ease the pain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL View Post
What are your plans so far for your car?
I’m starting with the tune first and am going with the Cobb AP simply because of the ease of install, seems to give good gains and I guess the flexibility it appears to have. That will be followed by the AR Design DPs, cat-back exhaust and aFe Stage 2 intake.

The cat-back system is where I may differ from most as I am a huge Supersprint fan having had them on my last two cars – just love their sound and the quality is top notch. Although the BMW PE seems to be in favour and I need to check them out before making the final call.

In amongst that will be a short shift kit, M3 steering wheel and M3 rear lip spoiler – pretty standard fare there. I find the manual shift throw just awful after being so used to running short shifts in my E36 and E46 M3s. It is a toss-up between the BMW PE kit and UUC Evo 3 (which I had previously). Thing is, the PE kit includes the PE knob and alcantara boot that I prefer not to have.

Then lastly swap out the RFTs and the wheels - though they are more than fine for now.

Cheers,
Jon
Appreciate 0