View Single Post
      02-19-2008, 10:14 PM   #16
awdonpsi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335xi

I have an 08 E90 335xi with the usb/aux option. Will not recognize new ipod classic. When plugged in with the BMW y-cable, the ipod says "Connected- OK to disconnect" but the car does not recognize it at all- only blanks under "aux" and "usb" and no "ipod" on the "audio" menu. When you unplug it, the ipod stays on this screen and requires a hard reset. Tried it with only the usb and the ipod will say "Connected- eject before disconnecting". At first the car would recognize it under "usb" but most of the songs were named some sort of gobbledegook like "asgfhk". Then that stopped working, too. Now not recognized on "usb" either. The only way to play it in the car is to use only the "aux" plug with a Radio shack cable. Cannot control it at all with the car's audio system so you have to get it out and look at it to change songs, etc. So basically it's the same as just about any Honda Fit or Chevy Aveo out there at this point. Sure glad BMW "partnered" with Apple to bring us this great feature. I really feel special. Hopefully they can fix it next time I take it into the dealer, but you really hate to have to go in for stuff like this so it will probably wait awhile.

In the meantime, I'll be sure to give the thumbs up to any Fit or Aveo drivers I see, 'cause I know they're jammin' just like me (especially when I see them looking down at their ipod when they should be looking at the road).