View Single Post
      12-11-2011, 12:13 AM   #1
jsou
Rep
Drives: 07 e92

Loss of Power on Hill

I'm trying to get some help with an issue I've been having the last two weeks with no acceleration on steep hills.

Basically I'll be cruising 65-70+ mph and up a steep hill towards the top I lose all power. I can floor it and I get nothing. No warning lights or anything triggers, just lose of power and acceleration. I drop to 5th nothing and even drop to 4th and barely get anything. No rev. It's actually pretty scary as I am losing speed.

I brought it into the dealership for brake squeal and told of the power loss. They came back saying they can't do anything about the brake squeal since I still have 70% on the brakes and nothing registered for the power loss. I told them this is pretty dangerous, but all they said was hopefully something registers. I would've had them do a ride along, but the hill I have the issue with is too far from them to want to go. After I get back and later that week I drive that hill and same problem with no errors.

Could it be another bad HPFP? Just had mine replaced last Apr., or is it the Turbos?

Any help would be appreciated. I'm going to try another dealership hopefully with better luck.

Just a month ago I had the half power engine malfunction and it was do to the VANOS solenoid. They replaced that under CPO warranty. I'm at about 54k miles right now.
Appreciate 0