07-15-2008, 05:40 PM   #852
VGR00
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 430i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieA View Post
Yes, I am really hanging out for a 32Gb plus model... perhaps Apple will surprise us with a 64Gb one, but I won't hold my breath. I wish I wasn't a tragic gadget lover and had the will power to wait like you do
I read a report this month that Apple placed a 50 million piece order on Samsumg for NAND Flash. This is all but getting consumed in Iphones. The unfortunate side effect is that my company and other Samsung memory distributors, which are a pimple on an elephants bum compared to Apple, gets screwed over by Samsung (which is normal anyway) and wont have access to stock for over 6 months. This will inturn bring huge returns for sharks trading NAND flash in the open grey market and of cause flourish the counterfiet market from China giving me more headaces to deal with.

Sorry ..... my rant is over. Just proves that for every action, there is an equal and opersite reaction.

As for the 64Gig version ...... I dont think that will happen for a while. I can tell you why from a technical perspective but I'll spare you the boredom. Lets just say its all got to do with the physical size of memory chips as opposed to capacity.
Appreciate 0