View Single Post
      06-26-2010, 05:18 AM   #1
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Huracan Evo & M8 GC

My 'pimped' C63 interior

My 3-week C63 'drought' is over , I finally picked the car up (again!) from AMG yesterday after they transformed the interior of my car.

After owning the M6 which had a full-leather dash option (and was absolutely stunning inside,) I knew that I really could make the C63 a special car by taking advantage of AMG's official Performance Studio facility where they will pretty much trim your car in any way you want!

I appreciate that this won't be to everyone's taste, especially if you're a fan of black interiors (which, to be honest, I'm fed up of!) but this really is one of the most special interiors that I'll probably ever have the pleasure of owning and one that I can say I now prefer to my previous M6.

Whilst there, I also chose to improve a couple of very minor 'details' on the interior. Firstly, I had the cheap plastic door locking pins changed to metal AMG branded ones. I also had the plastic Mercedes star on top of the gearlever changed to a laser-etched metal AMG Affalterbach one - this really does look and feel stunning in real life! Little details, but they've absolutely delighted me!

After getting up at 4am to get the (cheap!) flight to Stuttgart, I spent a few hours following the missus round the shops in the city whilst they finished the car which I finally picked it up at 3pm. To say I'm not in rush to repeat that drive home so late in the day is an understatement...the Friday evening traffic on the German autobahn meant I spent far too long stood still rather than sitting on the C63's limiter....although my decision to stop for an hour to wait for the rush hour to end worked very well as it created the opportunity for a few 150mph+ runs

I was then pulled into the customs search area at Dover where I wasted another hour of my life. They couldn't comprehend what I had done, why we had no luggage and ultimately treated my very suspiciously! :mad:

In the end didn't get to bed until 3am this morning!

Here is the front of my car this morning.....

Appreciate 0