01-12-2012, 04:18 PM   #2066
der_kommissar
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Midnight Blue X1 xDrive28

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Picked up my car today0- it was in the shop about 3 days. I did have to pay my CPO deductible, but I'm ok with that because the whole thing was handled without hassle. No big deal when you get a loaner. Only odd thing was that the radio was set to an AM station when I picked her up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by der_kommissar View Post
I had the valve lifters replaced for the tick back in March last year. I noticed the tick was back over the holidays. Took it in yesterday and they are doing the head replacement. They told me that they keep at least one head in stock at all times, so this must be a pretty common repair. I was under warranty the first time and am under CPO this time, so I don't know if I'll have to pay the deductible, but I'm very happy with Autohaus BMW for how they have handled this. They took care of it on the first complaint each time and always provide loaners.

BMW needs to give up on the lifters and go straight to the head replacement. Only reason for them to do the lifters first, I think, is that they hope you will be out of warranty/cpo by the time you need to have the head replaced.
Appreciate 0