United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxon View Post
didnt you just have vrsf downpipes?

i think its great that other options are out there... competition is a great thing for consumers and also for the scene as a whole
Used to have VRSF DPs Swapped them out for Akras last weekend

Competition is def good, it lights a fire under everyones ass & forces new innovations to keep companies in business. This in turn gives the consumers better products & can sometimes even lead to lower prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Octane View Post
We should have these vendors prove their product performance by doing an independent back-to-back dyno comparison. So we can stop bitching?
Already a work in progress
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helix Wildebeest View Post
We are assembling a test rig for other intercooler in addition to our. The rig will sample temp in/out, pressure in/out, ambient temp/pressure, RPM and road speed. The intercooler inlets and outlets will be measured at the charge pipes with equal sampling areas. This information will be trended and entered into our calculator which we will make available. The calculator will take into account pressure drop from air temperature reduction (Ideal Gas Law: PV=nRT). The delta will be air flow inefficiencies. The calculator will also measure average charge air to ambient delta T as well as inlet to outlet delta T. We welcome challengers. Below is a picture of the calculator. The data entered into the calculator is NOT our intercooler results. Stay tuned.

Appreciate 0