06-09-2012, 06:42 AM   #29
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335rocks View Post
True, but on the road you are insurred. So if you are worried then take out the track insurrance!

The way I look at it you have to ask yourself the question. What if the worst case scenario happens and you somehow stack it hard - can you afford to take that as a life lesson and accept responsibility for it. And this is regardless of this was your own fault or if someone hit you. Neither of these scenarios are likely to happen on a well marshalled day BUT it's something you should have considered before you go on track. If the answer to that one is no, then the £100-170 for the track day insurrance (depending on declared value) will look very cheap if anything does happen. Of cause if you do more track days this will add up and this is the reason why I changed my insurrance to Green Light's £50 flat fee per day. At that price it's a no brainer.

So I would recommend that you consider the insurance in the total experience. I would love to see more people attend track days and be able to have a E90Post group outing at some point.
Sounds very reasonable, and that price you're right its a no brainer. I will
take it out should I attend. Thanks for the heads up.
Appreciate 0