View Single Post
      07-13-2013, 05:13 PM   #866
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep
Drives: fast, sometimes slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalaxy View Post
An expensive sport as well with guaranteed drama every time you go out. You have fallen out of "like" with circuit/track driving?

The minute you go rally, you need 4wd, extra heavy duty suspension and cage and lots of extra parts cause you are going to go off road and break linkages, half/drive shafts, rollovers ...
Actually, I was making the joke that, in George's opinion, since nobody seems to like me, I need some support from people who are used to people not liking them, such as himself

But to answer your serious question: still like tracking and will keep doing it, but I had a crazy idea of getting another car for some amateur rally. Nothing like an STI or an Evo, as that would be simply far too much for a beginner, but something light, quick and (most importantly) possible to bounce around if it comes to that

The idea came to me after I was in Hokkaido, Japan, and there was a local amateur rally - and let's just say that although the Evos and the STIs were the first to pass, I saw a number of cars go by that made me realise that you actually CAN do this for fun and not have to spend gajillions of dollars.