View Single Post
      04-11-2011, 11:56 AM   #143
bimmertt
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i

First I would like to say this was a great write up by Former_Booosted_IS.

Just had a few things to add.

The passenger side PCV connector was an absolute pain to remove and took the majority of the install time. As mentioned in the DIY, it is a square clip that snaps on all four sides. My best advice to get this off without breaking it is to keep steady/strong pressure on it while taking a flat heat to each side. If you don't, the opposite sides will just snap back into place. Releasing the bottom clip was the most difficult due to the lack of room. I started at the top, moved on to the left and right, and finished with the bottom clip.

I also struggled getting the connectors off the stock hose. I ended up heating each end with a hair dryer and that allowed them to slide off with ease.

And just a tip when mounting the bracket...as you will see there is little room to bolt the bracket down to the heat shield. To create more room, I unclipped the washer fluid hose and pushed it down and away. This gave me a lot more space to tighten this bolt down.

My car is experiencing a good amount of blow-by. I have taken my chargepipe off a couple of times now and there is always a little oil dripping out of it. Hopefully this OCC will eliminate that.
Appreciate 0