01-08-2012, 10:43 AM   #1
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 xDrive35d M Sport

Garage List
My New Track Toy - R26.R

Picked her up today from Shakespeare country. I want to say huge thank you to me old mate Matt Oz for putting me in touch with his friend and organising it for me - thanks fella!

Im really chuffed to bits with the R26.R and its even better than i had hoped as a driving experience. Its incredibly comfy, the £7k Sabelt Carbon race seats and harnesses are sublime and I'm also impressed with the torque of the engine, really pulls hard and strong and the sound from inside the cabin is very reminiscent of the CSL, albeit not quite as intoxicating as the induction roar - but the £2,300 Titanium exhaust system is very much worth every penny not just for the weight saving but also for the noise it makes!! Had about 5 cars pull along side me on the way home and give me the nod of approval which again ive only ever had in the CSL and latterly in the R35 GTR. Brakes are phenomenal - the discs and pads have been upgraded by previous owner with the stock Brembo calipers. Overall very happy and literally can't wait for my first track day. Ive been invited to Bedford by new friends from R26.R in Feb so may do that and then i want to start planning the Ring and Spa trips.

Have to say i was also very impressed with all the literature Renault supply with the car when you buy one of these brand new - luckily the previous owner kept it all in immaculate condition along with all the history, receipts etc - it came with a huge R26.R presentation box that contains DVD, USB dongle, hard back book, card with free Ring lap (unused!) and a literature pack on the car itself too - all very well thought out plus an official letter stating what number of 230 you car is and details of vehicle - really makes it all feel very special indeed and a nice touch.

She has been tucked away in the garage for now - proper pics to follow once ive had chance to mollycoddle her!!

Here is the spec:

Renault Megane RenaultSport R26.R
1 owner and now me!
Number 014 of 230 (apparently only 84 left in UK)
Metallic Black with Graphics Package
Interlagos Black Alloys
Factory Titanium Lightweight Exhaust System
Full Roll Cage
Sabelt Carbon Race Seats with 6 Point Harnesses
Air Con
Toyo Proxes R888 Tyres
Electric Windows
Carbon Bonnet
Xenon Automatic Lights
Tinted Polycarbonate Rear/Side Windows
Red Brembo Calipers with uprated: