View Single Post
      02-06-2013, 08:41 PM   #45
fun2drive
BMWCCA 149159
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 128i Vert/ 14 JGC Diesel

Ladies and gentlemen forums are where people come to brag or piss and moan about a car they bought.
Fact
You bought a 335 with 75K miles
Virtually every BMW I know of needs a lot of care if the BMW CBS was followed at around 80-100K miles.

Sounds to me like you bought a 335 that someone has run the ever loving piss out of.
I have 55K miles of flawless operation on my 335 so tell me are all 335's POS's?
Did you happend to do a pre purchase inspection?
I ask because you have over 200 posts which tells me you read the forum and would know that a used 335 should have a serious inspection done.
None of the items you mentioned are hard to repair or expensive if you do it yourself.
However if you rely on the dealer for service on this car you will be paying a lot of money. Also it would not matter that much what brand car you have because dealership charge on the average 100 bucks plus per hour so even a Toyota with a transmission or other leak that takes service time will cost a lot of money.

BMWs require periodic maintenance, always have most likely always will, so do virtually all German cars. It is their philosophy. Virtually any BMW can last 50K miles with 2-3 oil changes and cabin filter and wiper blades. It is 25-30K miles after that (the mileage you have) that this lack of real service shows up.

Lack of due diligence will cost you a lot of money on Porsche, BMW, Merc every time. I would have to assume these leaks were there when you bought the car but were not noticed.

If you bought the car "as is" no warranty express or implied you have no course of action. It could well be the dealership you bought it from had no idea of the condition of the car since they just buy and resell. I bet the original owner certainly did know about this however and might be why it was traded.

Hard lesson but unless you are handy stay away from Porsche, BMW and or Merc. unless you buy new.

As mentioned it is not the brand it is the car you bought...
Appreciate 0