View Single Post
      07-18-2013, 12:16 PM   #24
chumley
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb335 View Post
I recently used leatherique on my wifes X5 steering wheel that was all smooth and shiny from hand lotion, hand sanitizer, frapacinos, and whatever else she gets on there, The results speak for themselves: Obviously it came out good because there was gunk ON the wheel, if yours is worn through or something, no amount of cleaning is going to help....

Now you guys who are successfully using the magic eraser....I think maybe in your case the shine isnt just stuff ON the wheel, its the leather itself being worn down to a smooth finish, in your case the magic eraser roughs up the smooth surface enough to make it look matte again....totally different method of action, similar finished look.
I would agree with everything you said. In fact, my wife has an X5 as well and as it's a 2011, I probably would probably not grab the ME first. BUT, the OP has a steering wheel as "shiny as a sausage" which was unfazed by a cleaner. I love leatherique as well but if his wheel looks anything like any of the links I posted I stand by my comment the leatherique will do little or nothing to improve them - as you said, once they get that worn/shiny.

MHD flash, DCI, BMW PE, ETS FMIC, Powerflex, SWS8xi's, VMR 803's in Solar Rain, LUX V4
Appreciate 0