View Single Post
      05-14-2009, 10:35 AM   #12
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General
Rep
Drives: 4 Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflgator View Post
Great detailed install guide and write-up! I have a question...exactly how is it sucking in "colder" outside air? From the pics, it seems like the attached large K&N air filter, although just above the fog light, is still sitting around hot engine bay items & lights; or, is it sucking in air from the front spoiler air dam? Sorry if my question seems stupid...just can't tell from the pics.

Either way, we're all looking forward to your detailed AIT tests.
sflgator, the heat generated from:

1) A hot engine in a very tightly sealed compartment.
2) The filters sit on the side of the engine.
3) Convection dictates the heat will rise so it should to the top of any compartment.
4) Conduction is really the other heat transfer method and these are not sitting on the engine.

The STETT CAI draws from a fender well with the only point of heat being the fog lights which many never turn on other than late at night. Second with the plastic cover in the driver's side grill removed, the compartment should filled with ambient air.

That is all great theory, but you, me and everyone else wants facts. I hope I can provide those facts this afternoon. I have timed everything out quite well and hope I can nearly replicate every aspect of the tests.
Appreciate 0