Thread: Mac Help
View Single Post
      09-30-2010, 01:10 PM   #2
Carrera RSR
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: BMW

2 weeks to transfer your files onto a mac!!! They're taking the piss right? 2 hours max!!

Just get an external HD and transfer all your PC files. A back up is always advisable anyway. Make sure you format the external disc as FAT32 first not NTFS. I can't exactly remember but when I hooked up the mac when new I think it asked if I was transfering docs and music files, it then processed my files for me, I think! it was a while ago. Mac can read at least if not work on all the PC documents with iWork which is stock software on the mac. You can save these docs as mac or PC files

Proper Apple stores will transfer all documents, music and videos for you and when I last checked this was a free service when you buy your mac.

I would suggest you combine yours and the misses music libraries into one music file for itunes. Several ipods/phones can be created as separate users and you can sync your individual ipods with the music of your choice. I also see no benefit of running your mac as 'two' users.
Appreciate 0