View Single Post
      11-30-2008, 09:34 AM   #1
ChiTownBMW
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2004 330CI

Help me upgrade to the new 3

Hi I'm new to the forum but have been lurking recently as I'm looking to get replace my 2004 330CI w/ 40k mi. Next year I am turning 30 and expecting my first child so I feel the need to get a new "toy." The 1.9% rate through the end of the year has me very interested in both the 2009 335i coupe and convertible, but I really didn't want to fire up a new car until early spring since it makes little sense to break one in as we approach the winter months in Chicago. My guess is though, if I order a new vehicle, it could take a few months to arrive, which would be ideal. How long does it generally take to get an order fulfilled and does anyone have any info regarding the interest rate deals and if they will persist into 2009?

Now, after exhausting the internet with 3 series searches, I stumbled upon a used 2008 335i with 10,000 miles at a dealer (clean history) that has basically everything I wanted in a new 335i coupe. (ie, sport pkg, premium pkg, nav, ca, ipod, logic 7, paddles) The exterior and interior colors aren't my first choice, but are certainly not a dealbreaker for me so I'm now very interested, but would like some advice. They are asking 43k, which is basically what kbb.com values it as well. Assuming it is in pristine condition, where should an offer be considering the conditions we are in these days. I really would like a new car, but would be willing to go this route if the deal is just too good to be true. Can you help me determine what price that might be?

Thanks for your help and I look forward to becoming an active member.

Cheers!

Last edited by ChiTownBMW; 11-30-2008 at 09:38 AM.. Reason: grammar
Appreciate 0