View Single Post
      05-22-2008, 06:23 PM   #190
ironic
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 335i

..........5/22/08 Here is where the support for this project diverges and discussion begins.
..........The official unveiling of the car will be Jun. 1st at San Francisco's Japantown.
..........Mach III will have quite a few highly tuned cars there as well as some very tastefully modified e9Xs.
..........Please come by and take a look at the car as well as meet a few other enthusiasts!

..........Aims of the Project
My aim with this project was to combine the wider track advantages of the m3 with the tuning capability of the N54 Twin Turbo Engine. That being said the car will not sport any //M logos (the ones you see on the side vents will be removed). Furthermore although the body of the car resembles the M3 there will be a number of additions to the car that still have yet to be unveiled that will separate this car from M3s. My choice to go with an M3 conversion is based on the following facts: OEM fitment is unlike any other, using OEM panels drastically cuts down on unnecessary added weight that would otherwise be added in the process of widebodying the car, the 335i e92 is not a 50/50 weight platform, using OEM panels in the front and adding slightly more weight in the rear will help balance the car.

I know some of you are a little iffy about the color scheme right now as well but I've done a number of photoshops and am fairly confident everything will look alright when put together as a whole.

................Special thanks to Sponsors:
.....................Mach III
.....................Vorsteiner
.....................DTM Kreuz
.....................Dynamic Automotive
.....................Xenondepot
.....................Logic Motorsports

................Special thanks to Longtran, without whose help, this would not be possible
................Special thanks to Soph1aa for being generous enough to lend me her front wheels for so long
................Special thanks to Shragon for the thread title update
................Special thanks to Ray for lending me some brand new e90 wheels for a little bit of time
................Special thanks to the E90Post community for their continued support
................Special thanks to E46 Fanatics where I first contracted the mod bug

Widebody 335i Project Car BUILD | PHOTOSHOOT

Last edited by ironic; 07-12-2009 at 11:26 PM..
Appreciate 0