Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black e90 335i

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-737 View Post
THE END ALL. BE ALL, PADDLE SHIFT HARNESS HOW TO!

i salute you!

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska325xi View Post
good shit...nice work
All thanks to your hard work too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
One of the BEST DIY's on here based on clarity, detail, and the great pics!
Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
Only thing I would have done different is to buy just the seperate male/female pin connectors and actually crimped them on to the end of a proper length of wire instead of buying the factory pigtails with pin connector precrimped on the end - this would do away with all the twisted connections on every run of wire to get a wire with male one end/female other end. If you choose to do it this way, I would use solder on the connections before shrink tube.

Where you have to run the 2 wires piggyback from slip ring harness to shifter harness obviously you have to strip a section of insulation off straight run and twist in the piggyback wires - here I would have also used solder on the joints before shrink tubing.

Yes absolutely!! Listen to this advice folks! This was my first wiring attempt ever. I youtubed how to join wires and the first video I saw showed the fan method.

I think I will redo everything just to be safe

I didn't realize male female pins could be purchased regularly haha...that's how new I am.

For Beginners like Me
http://www.mmxpress.com/technical/connections.htm

Use this DIY for an idea of how it should look in the end -- I'll update the OP when I get a some more time.
Appreciate 0