View Single Post
      02-13-2013, 08:18 PM   #11
deluxe 247
Shake and Bake
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL335i View Post
If you you understand how it works and have the proper ceramic coating applied on your elements as a heat shield system it can do "miracles". We have our in-house developed ceramic coating, which is used not just in race cars, but in street cars. We use ceramic coating which contains nano gold parts for example for piston heads, for cylinder heads. We also put ceramic coating in exhaust ports/channels, turbos, downpipes, exhaust.

The main purposes of using ceramic coating in the engine: make a heat trap, which result improved burnt in the engine and keeps heat in the combustion chamber, improve VE and speed up exhaust gases.

Based on our experience, when we use ceramic coating in a system and coat main parts of the engine, we can reduce the engine heat by 30%.

On the other hand, I am rebuilting my e92 335i car including my n54 engine. Ported head, strenghtened engine block, forged rods and forged pistions, ceramic coating, custom made exhaust manifolds, two in-house developed single-srcoll turbo which will have some "twin-scroll" effect.

Here are some photos about my ported and ceramic coated cylinder head, modified and ceramic coated valves, ceramic coated forged pistons.

More picture soon in a separted thread, once we finished with everything.

Laszlo
Appreciate 0