View Single Post
      06-13-2021, 06:09 AM   #1
moxi
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i

Just got my first ever BMW.. and I have some questions/concerns/issues already! ><

Hey Guys

So we just purchased our first every BMW (2006 E325i M Spec) and we love it!

However I have the following questions/issues.

Info regarding the car which may help
- It's ex Japanese (I am in New Zealand)
- It has the dolphin type aerial on top.
- Drives bloody great!
- From what I can see it has 6 speakers (1 in each front door... 1 under each seat.. and 1 behind each back seat)

Issues
- No Sound at all. Be it warning sounds.. CD sounds.. AUX.. etc etc. If I turn up the volume knob then nothing happens on the screen or anything.

Questions
- Any idea what the cause of the no sound would be? My initial lookies around here seem to think something re fiber optic loopback or amp issue. ?
- I am unsure what was plugged in under the carpet in the boot.. there are 2 loose cables sitting there. One looks to be a fibre optic connection with no lights showing (has green and black wires) and the other is a large White connection with a very large number of wires. Possibly some old sat/nav unit ?
- It has the circle control with the screen etc... is there any way to modify this? eg any sort of mods/addons we can buy to be more.. "modern" (Eg being able to project phone/bluetooth etc)
- Any other issues/tips on what to look out for/upgrade re the car ?
- I can't find the amp.. does it even have an amp? in the side of the boot is a CD changer.. but can't see no amp.
- And a really dumb question.. but did these ever come with a spare tyre/space saver?? I can see it has a kit in the back, but no wheel/spare tyre.. the boot has more of a deep storage compartment than anything else.

Thanks heaps people, as said.. loving the car !
Appreciate 0