United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i, 05 E46 330i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2005 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W. View Post
What size fuel injectors do you plan to run?
The only information he's given mis a Siemens Deka Short.

Quote:
IMHO I would not want to run this type of system on regular pump gas. As power levels go up it's even more important to increase octane and cool the intake charge to prevent knock. I think we've already seen the limits of power on low octane fuels. I mean, if you want to prevent knock on low octane gas there is a limit to how much timing you can pull out and how rich you can make the AF ratio.
I agree. This would be useful for e85 and racegas. Above 600-650 I think a special fuel should be used of some kind.

Quote:
'Uneven fueling', I think that means each cylinder does not receive the same amount of fuel when it's injected at the throttle body. Modern intake manifolds are not designed to distribute fuel evenly, they don't have to since port or direct injection handles the fuel very evenly. Fuel is heavier than air, and it's more difficult for fuel to go around curves in the plenum without wetting the far wall. Uneven fueling is the reason some of the better meth injection kits are locating the injectors farther away from the TB, it helps dispersion and atomization. Also, one of the better meth kits on the market already uses pulse width modulation to control meth flow, just like a fuel injector. Tell me again how your idea is better?
In short Dave, its better for many reasons. With anything, there is give and take. Can you give me one advantage that this has? Or are you one of those who can't give any credit to something that you don't entirely agree with? Who is stopping you from using methanol on top of supplemental fueling? I'm not. The delivery of fuel through a fuel injector, made for injecting fuel is far superior than a methanol sprinkler nozzle which sprays water/fuel all around in the charge pipe, drips and certainly pools up whether you guys want to believe it or not. Would you rather have a fuel rail or plastic push locks? The fact is, many people don't run PWM and it works for what it does. Now that PWM exists, anything thats not PWM will grenade your car and should never be used. I'm not asking you to believe its better. But for someone who is willing to take some measurements, I can bring proof to your eyes that the solution works because thats the only thing that will convince some of you. As it seems many are interested in stifling this platform instead of helping explore alternative options. If you think that methanol is the god of fuels and will take you to 1000hp on the stock fueling system, then go right ahead. Once you're there, tell me how that worked out and how much better meth was.

Any tuner tasked with taking this car from 450hp to 1000hp wouldn't advise methanol shot down the charge pipe to handle the remaining 550hp of fuel. On the other hand, it can be done with supplemental fueling, using an external fuel cell or fuel right out of the tank. You will see. Also keep in mind, this shop is already in the process of making a 6 port injector plate. This will cater to different people with different needs and power goals. A Throttle Body Injector works. It may not be the ultimate fuel solution, but certainly providing fueling on a more reliable basis than push lock meth nozzles. Anyone disagree with that, then keep running your windshield washer tanks and running meth lines through your interior. Good luck.
Appreciate 0