View Single Post
      04-10-2013, 02:29 PM   #7290
Ænema
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasBoosted View Post
I thought about the second method, but then if the weather changes and the DME requests more/less boost you'd probably run into 30FF/throttle closures.

The other thing I was thinking about is the DME requests different boost based on throttle position so trying to go say 50% throttle (depending on your map, of course) and it requests half boost, which is totally possible with full DME control of the wastegates, would crap out if an ordinary EBC let the turbos spool up fully like they would.

Hmmm...
Even if the boost control could be worked out, you still run into the problem with O2 sensor placement for a single. Putting the sensors post turbo isn't going to work. Putting them pre-turbo in collectors for each bank isn't exactly ideal... i think the vishnu ST are going to be seeing issues as they start putting some age on the sensors, especially if they ever get to the point of actually running them like they have the capability to run.