07-20-2013, 12:52 PM   #25
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BsantosE335i View Post
I agree with this! But what really gets me was that I was in simply for a software upgrade and nothing more. Alignment I could understand since it was "slammed". I even offered to just pay for the software update and they refused to do any work on my vehicle.
The nature of your servicing need and the dealer's corresponding refusal to accommodate you is baffling, not only due to the unrelated aspect of your need and the "slam," but also because the dealer's main source of income is from providing service. Your service request, particularly if it's under warranty, for a software update is essentially free money for 15 minutes of work if one considers the time of every person there that had to "touch" your service request. That a tech might initiate the software update and do something else while it's happening engenders only more surprise.

(Note: I assume BMW designs it's software updates somewhat more efficiently than Microsoft does for consumers and that therefore there aren't a swarm of intermittent pop-up dialogs to which the installer must respond.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0