View Single Post
      08-24-2009, 03:06 PM   #55
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun View Post
I think there is more to this than just BMW's North American marketing department. I would be willing to bet the government has something to do with this. Also, some "lobbyists" might be making some contributions to the right people in the government and the NA marketing department.

For all the talk about CARS and everything else, I don't think certain people in power want to see a car like this here. It would cost some powerful people a lot of money - they would lose money at the pump and from other car sales.

I think many car companies, including Toyota, would indirectly pitch in to line the pockets of the right people to block this car and others like it.

I know I have a habit of thinking to the extreme, but I think apalling things happen behind the scenes. Actually, some things happen in plain sight and they are so severe people don't believe them.
I wouldn't be surprised at all were this the case. It's so sad that our system is like this. Anyway, I saw the video above on youtube last night and this is definitely my next car if they bring it here!
Appreciate 0