View Single Post
      01-22-2013, 07:52 AM   #3
kleach18
Essayons
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Its a lotus frame/unibody.... The only other thing that is lotus on it it the windshield and doors. When they actually insure it it has a lotus VIN # from what I read online.. So basically I could take a rx7 uni body and stick a big chevy motor in it and redo the body and call it my car that I produce??? That's why I don't get this car... They basically take a 40k car stick a LS9 in it and stick a custom carbon fiber body in it and call it their car.. Its a quick way to get around them actually building a chassis and getting by all the testing that is required by the fed government regulations..

I don't know, it just doesn't seem right. That and they sell these things for 1 million dollars... To each their own though. If they can make a buck on it without another car company suing them then go for it.

On a side note, that thing seems amazing (in a straight line anyways). I'd like to see how this thing compares to the super cars it's compared to in the turns..
/ 135i - M-Sport / 6-Speed / BMW Performance Exhaust / BMS Intake / JB4 Stage 2 ISO + Flex Fuel Wires / BMS 3.5in Down Pipe / CP-E Charge Pipe / Walbro 255 in-line fuel pump / BMS H8 AE / BMS SSK / APEX EC-7's with Nitto NT05's / COBB Tuning Sport Springs / Koni Yellows / Wagner Evo 1 / Blacklines / iCarbon Rear Diffuser / BMW Performance shift knob/boot / BMW Performance Steering Wheel /
Appreciate 0