08-15-2011, 03:57 PM   #9
e90pilot
Freight Dawg
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuna View Post
I really like this. It gives you a few options, and most importantly, gives you reasons and data to support the suggestions. As stated in the article, you probably won't do any harm to the car for the first 100,000 mi. There are several people here who have gone past 150,000 mi using only the scheduled maintenance program without issue. I think Miller goes to the extreme in some cases here, but everything he mentions is correct and documented. I've done pretty close to what he recommends with the exception of the coolant/fuel system hoses and belts. I haven't touched those as every place I take them to says they look good and don't recommend replacing them.

A couple of things he doesn't mention, are the PCV hoses (which failed on my car). And also, have your car scanned regularly. Several codes don't cause any warnings and will go unnoticed. These are referred to as shadow or passive codes. They will only show up on GT1 or Autologic tools. Bavarian Technik also has a tool that will work.
'06 Arctic Metallic 325i | Sport Package | 6MT | Dinan Stage III suspension | Dinan exhaust | 330i manifold swap! Click here! | Active Autowerke tune | 135i Brake Calipers | Deiselboost caliper brackets | E46 M3 front rotors
Appreciate 0