01-06-2010, 02:02 PM   #32
Darkcyd_Turbo
"Booty Hole Bandit"
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2008 Montego E92 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajvee View Post
(I am leaving the JB3 out, because it seems to be the more "harsh" tune for the lack of a better word).
Minus the canbus features and clearing codes on the dme on the Proceed, BMS's JB3 2.0 that is being tested has some or most of the user adjustability features that the proceed has. And to the OP, I know you said you dont care much for overall power and more focused on delivery of that power, but when it comes to "modding" the car with things to increase hp, it's ALL about POWER. I want to try the Proceed to see how it compares to the JB3 but to be honest aside from Shiv's car, please name another Vishnu tuned and customer driven car that has run into the 11's. Also please refer me to the evidence that the JB3 is harsher than the GIAC and Proceed. Many have run all tunes safely without any problems. And from all the reading and research I've done on both piggyback tunes...both have their equal shares of "hiccups." Doesn't seem like $$$ seems to be a concern for you, but for me I want the best mod for the best price. I can have all the features that the Proceed has with the JB3 and BT tool for less money than the Proceed. I know I sound like a fan boy but liek I said I'd like to try out the Proceed and compare it to my JB3. But if your going to compare apples to apples, wait until the release of 2.0 on the JB3 and see everyone's comments. Also, I don't plan on tracking my car much or even at all but I want to know that the $$$ I spent is well worth the $$$ when I think of the power to dollar ratio.

As for the GIAC, unless BMW's somehow become like vw's and audi's where the dme's are interchangeable between cars, you'll never be able to sell it back when it comes time to get rid of the car. Thus the reason I went with a piggyback, if I ever want to I can sell it and try another tune and re-coop some of the money I put into the car, so it's not a total loss. Also, the fact that GIAC does NOT have a switcher yet, let's say you're worried about your warranty. Do you really want to chance a tech taking your car out for a test driving realizing that its boosting more than a stock 335? Say bye bye to your warranty. Not knocking down GIAC (had in on my b5 Audi S4 and currently on my wife's GTI with the map switcher), great company, but without the switcher I don't trust the flashes yet. Right now ESS is the only company that allows you to flash your car @ home. GIAC, as it sits without the switcher and the meth fail safes is best suited for a car without warranty or at the end of. With that said...DINAN is a waste of money. Sorry Los, still slower than me and you spent more with the dinan lol.

LOS, Dinan FTL!!! lol Wait until the spring when my heavier xi gives your dinan tuned "i" a run. Make sure you take a picture of my tail lights so I can see what my rear end looks like. Hehe...congrats on selling the exhaust. That was quick! Soooo, what's next? Stock for now?
Appreciate 0