View Single Post
      07-19-2013, 07:59 PM   #1
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Okay, Progressing the BMW Douchebag Stereotype...

So our office building has the 6-story parking garage above ground but underneath the office floors. I park on the 4th floor of the garage in a space that in is the center structure of the building, so it is a tight space braced by two 2-foot square concrete columns, a steel girder cross brace (guards the passenger door ) and butts up to the service elevator shaft. It's a vault.

Well for the past several weeks they have been adding electric service to the building and ran the new brace of three 6-inch conduits up through the corner of "my" parking space. Installing the conduit required drilling holes in the concrete slab. So for the past three weeks I've been unable to park in my space. Well they finished the electrical work last week, but failed to clean up the mess left by the drilling of the floor. In my space was a pile of concrete tilling and a few nuts and bolts. Totally NOT parkable!

So I've been waiting since Friday of last week for the contractor to clean my parking space. Well they never did, so I decided to take matters into my own hands. Yesterday I stopped by the hardware store and bought a heavy-duty industrial broom (I needed a new one for my home garage anyway) and when I got to work I parked my E90 in the isle way right outside my space and went to work with the broom.

As I'm sweeping away (clouds or dry concrete dust billowing up like Pig Pen) a fellow building worker drives by, slows down (my car was really not in the way) and drives by real slow looking at the fool in his dress clothes (Polo dress shirt nonetheless) sweeping clean (what is essentially) a public parking space. I can only imagine what he thought...

Thought I'd share. Stay classy E90 Post.

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 07-27-2013 at 05:31 PM..
Appreciate 0