04-21-2012, 09:07 AM   #35
Eracer76
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E89 Z4 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionOfGosforth View Post
Given that's an xi, quite a considerable difference to mine. How is the handling? also plenty of travel in the front?
I'm very happy with the handling! But I can only compare it to all the previous cars I've owned, most of which had aftermarket suspensions also, and this car is by far the best one yet! It does ride a little on the stiff side, but what coil over car doesn't? And I'm sure my low profile 19's attribute to some of that as well, but even though it rides a little stiff, it doesn't jar you or get annoying at all. And it actually handles the bumpy conditions great, its hard to explain, but it feels like it was meant for it and the car still feels planted on the bumpiest of roads. As for the travel, there seems to be plenty left and I don't recall ever hitting the bump stops yet, but I do tend to watch out for big issues on the roads... And overall, this is my DD and I'm very happy with it!
2009 Z4 35i 6mt, SpeedTech 6266 Gen2 turbo kit, Tial WG, VRSF 7.5 race IC, ER charge pipe, Tial BOV, Radium Fuel cell w/ surge tank and twin Walbro 525 pumps, Radium FPR and return line, Bluetooth ethanol sensor, Phoenix intake manifold w/PI, JB4 tuner, PR coil packs, Custom oil cooler, ECS Radiator, Spec 3+clutch, Mfactory flywheel, single 3.5" into dual 3" exhaust, H&R springs, 19" TSW wheels, 235/19 & 275/19 RE11 tires
Appreciate 0