01-12-2013, 11:00 PM   #61
ign335i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinrock View Post
Why did I sell the car?

It was a choice I made, simple as that. I did not trade it for a faster car, I traded it for something more practical and newer. Yes, I actually said one of the things I was looking for was an in dash navigation - it was the ONE thing I regretted about my BMW, ask any of my friends. I am a geek at heart. I have been a programmer for 10 years, my entire professional career. I bought the BMW when I moved to California because I had always wanted a fast and luxurious car, and I finally had the opportunity to do so. Now that I've gotten to see what true power feels like, I began revisiting what had always been bugging me - the interior and dash were never really something that truly appealed to me. It was basically a sacrifice to me in order to have a fast car. Retrofitting in the nav was out of the question, though. It was too expensive and too time-consuming.

Why am I being singled out for wanting to trade in my 6 year old car for a brand new 2013 car? Having an integrated 8" flush touch screen, with built in GPS, Sirius radio, full phone integration, etc. is a geek's dream. I love technology, and they went all out on it. I had the car for 2 years, it progressed from the simplest of cosmetic mods to the most extreme of performance mods. I enjoyed it, did pretty much everything, and so it was time to move on.

By the way, I bought a COBB, drove down to SoCal for two days, got a custom tune, and then switched to Procede a few months later. No one said anything about that. My goal was to have fun with the car and try out all the different things. This wasn't the only thing I bought and sold within a short time frame. At the end of the day, I had fun for 2 years in this car, did things most will never do, and I'm just asking you to respect this as any other normal sale thread.
Its all good, I don't think anyone is intending to single you out, just trying to understand the motive and the price. It still doesn't make sense to me, but I am OK with that. I am a nerd too .
Appreciate 0