View Single Post
      03-18-2011, 02:23 PM   #395
Hamesy
Registered
Rep
Drives: 330Ci

BMW response......poor as usual

This is the response I recieved to my complaint about the saftey of these wheels.

I understand that you would like BMW to consider the situation regarding our alloy wheels as you are concerned about the safety of affected vehicles. Investigations have been undertaken by BMW Germany into this matter and there is no evidence to suggest that this is the case. We have tested our alloys on many occasions and they have been found to conform to strict European guidelines regarding safety.

I acknowledge that you have undertaken some research into this matter which has led you to believe that this is a common issue with our vehicles, however, we do not believe this to be the case. As stated in my previous email I have checked our systems, utilising parts orders and failure reports and there is no evidence to suggest that this is a common or inherent fault.

BMW UK prides itself on utilising the highest quality materials for our products and the last batch of alloy wheels were rejected for cosmetic quality reasons and not due to safety. I am unable to advise you how many we currently have on back order, however, I can assure you that we are working hard ensure the shipment and delivery of the wheels to the UK and your dealer will contact you as soon as they arrive.

I appreciate you will remain dissatisfied with my response, however, I can assure you that our alloy wheels have been rigorously tested on many occasions and they are not found to breach health a safety guidelines.

It's like banging your head against a brick wall

So in answer to Bigtimes question BMW say it's only a cosmetic problem but I'm not buying that!

And to hlr102 I have also been told the 29th March but I have been given so many dates for possible delivery that have been and gone that I have given up hope!
Appreciate 0