03-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #114
fishmando
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimodem View Post
I am interested in this suspension for the opposite reason. I dont want to lower my car, I want to raise it. Like the "four corner" suspension of the older Touareg or Cayenne. I have a "sport suspension" and I think an adjustable suspension would be better for snow and chains situations. If I could raise it on rough roads or for speed bumps that are too high, that would be useful.

But the car has a nice ride as it is. I find it hard to believe that this air suspension, used at a normal level, presumably the same as my sport suspension, would provide the same quality ride that the OEM suspension does.

But when my current suspension wears out, I will definately look into air.

Thanks for the post. We all can learn from your work, even if we dont use your work for "stance".
I've actually worked with several guys who wanted to do the exact same thing. They wanted to drive around at stock height but have the extra lift available when they needed it.

The Bag Riders system that was built for this car will NOT be as comfortable as the OEM suspension. In my opinion the OEM setup is extremely hard to beat when it comes to ride quality and comfort. My setup rides like a nice set of coilovers, nice and firm, but not to the point of being bouncy over bumps or knocking your fillings out.

Plenty of people will claim they are on coilovers that ride 'just like stock' but we all know this is a bit of an exaggeration.
Appreciate 0