12-12-2007, 11:17 AM   #232
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
I know that I have been negative on the Dinan Flash, it is simply a matter of price. But what Dinan does better than any other company is stand behind their products. I have had a warranty claim with Dinan and they are stand up.

it works like this. You need to get your car serviced at a Dinan dealer, preferably a BMW dealer too. Once they find the issue, your Dinan dealer will call Dinan to discuss the issue and then get authorization to do the repair.

The Dinan dealer charges back Dinan for any work. In many ways, Dinan behaves like a car manufacturer for warranty claims.
+1000000, just went through a major issue with my buddy's SC M3 package (Stage 3) from Dinan, and they took some time to properly diagnose the issue and fix it, but the dealer gave him a loaner in the meantime and Dinan took care of the issue.

I think the only way I would go with Dinan is if my dealer was an authorized dealer. That is what I have now so I know if I have an issue my dealer will step in and be the go between me and Dinan and make sure I am taken care of, similar to their role as the go between me and BMW corporate.

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0