View Single Post
      07-19-2012, 01:42 AM   #25
gangzoom
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E90 335i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmnuts View Post
Roger....it's been said already - forget the manual and buy the car you should be considering - a 335d!
When I got my first car I told my self that every time I change cars it has to be better/more powerful than the car it's replacing...it's one of the targets I give my self in life to make me work harder...Do you seriously want to go from a RWD, LSD equipped 300bhp+ sports car to a diesel burning rep mobile with half the BHP?*

I think the 335d is your only real choice if your going to be end up going down the diesel route. But get a calculator out and actually work out how much money a diseal would save you. I did this with my 335i, comparing it the wife's diesel Civic I think for the same mileage my car cost something like £2.5 extra per day in fuel costs. I than asked my self what I can buy for £2.50? That's barely enough for a big mac *at McDonalds....

The last time I checked most M3s came loaded with spec..what else are you going to get for £20k with the same performance/toys...plus most of the depreciation has been done already and quite a few come with manual box, so actually you would be silly not to buy one

Last edited by gangzoom; 07-19-2012 at 01:49 AM..
Appreciate 0