View Single Post
      07-06-2010, 04:20 PM   #17
rogerxp
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna

Garage List
A quick update (if anyone is interested ), not had chance to do anything since I last posted but this evening there was a knock at the door and a friendly young chap with an npower badge greeted me - what timing (funny how it happens like that).

So, all signed up to npower now.

Based on average useage for a house of my size (my bills are in my office & I only had a note of the cost of my useage as opposed to the Kwh readings on my laptop) my annual gas bill should be reduced from £980 to £660 and electricity from £685 to £350. So an annual saving of £655. Plus, if I stay with npower for a second year I get a £100 credit onto my account. So, potentially saving £755 Oh, and the rates are capped for the next two years (not really looked into that bit yet i.e. exactly what it means).

As I said, that's based on npower's average readings so only time will tell how accurate they are. That said, as my reduced plan with British Gas ends at the end of this month my bills are about to shoot up anyway.

Fingers crossed the change-over, which takes around 12 weeks to complete, will go smoothly and the bill are in fact reduced by a decent enough margin - suck it and see as they say.
Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe
Appreciate 0