Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BklynTico506
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonDCarton View Post
Sorry to just now get back to you. The reason I got the 10w is because that is the only one offered for E90... the 20W is E92, otherwise I would of purchased those, especially for a mere 10$ difference. As for heat issues, the bulbs have a lot of resistors on them and I have so far not had a problem. I cannot say for sure though because I have had them for a short time. Maybe some of the other customers can chime in. However if there is a heat problem, it is bound to happen within a year I would assume which would be covered under the warranty. Also sorry what do you mean by radio interference? If you're thinking codes it does not throw any codes, just flicker at start up when the car does the bulb check around the car.
Typically the same heat would damage your headlights as well. Im pretty sure the vendor isn't going to cover that. LOL. Keep an eye on them for a while. Especially after running for a while.
Exactly, damage to other headlight components would be my concern. And aside from codes; radio interference has been seen with some LED lights due to the power/error resistors packs producing interference with AM/FM and sometimes cellular signals. This can cause problems with listening to the radio or using your cell phone.