SSGT USMC - '78 - '86
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si

Garage List
2007 BMW Z4  [7.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unleash The Beast View Post
Thanks a lot for all the responses guys. There is a lot of good information that you guys have given me and I really appreciate it.

I am a little confused though because some of you are saying that I need to gain weight then loose. I don't get that because I am overweight right now. Do I need to do a lot of cardio first to burn off all my fat, and then start to tone my muscles, or can I do both at the same time?

Thanks again!
First thing to do is get your diet understood. Work on your workout program (number of days per week, exerciesed for each body part, etc..) as well, but get the diet down first. As your new to the weight training, just hitting the gym/weights will show progress for a little bit.

Some cardio is a good idea - as it's always good to get your heart rate up for a little bit. You may want to do HIIT type of exercising and not worry too much on straight cardio at first (HIIT will get your heart rate up).

either way - hit the gym and focus on compound muscle group exercises and your diet. Change will come in time.

2007 3.0si Roadster Black/Red, sport, Piano Black F14 Forgestar's
Appreciate 0