08-17-2007, 01:05 PM   #1
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i, 67 Camaro SS

Send a message via AIM to rideelement247
Question UR Downpipe Worries!!!

Well I'm not exactly a god of knowledge so I come to E-90 for ome advice. Yesterday I ordered Catless Downpipes from Utimate-Racing and full exhaust. Now I'm worried that I will receive a code to Check Engine. The tech who answered the phone at UR told me it might throw a code but he said that his shop car has not thrown a code during the whole 600 or so miles of testing and doubts that my car will throw a code.

Now the tricky part. I called a local shop that specializes in German cars, especially BMW and a tech told me the car will definitely throw a code. He said to make sure something about the O2 sensors was correct pre-cat and post-cat. I understand there are 2 or 3 O2 sensors on the exhaust, but I am not sure if eliminating these will throw a code or not?

So the questions are: will this exhaust and downpipe combo throw a code? and, if so, will the car not make the correct air/fuel ratio? and also, will this actually make me lose some performance with the car not being able to determine any information from the O2 sensors?

I gladly accept all oppinions, thanks in advance for them.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.