07-12-2013, 03:03 PM   #1
DallasBoosted
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [10.00]
335i - Brake ducts, foglight delete, oil pan baffle & clutch/flywheel

So I've been tracking my 335i a while now, and it's been a beast. Car has performed great, once I got rid of the procede.

Last time at Motorsports Ranch on the 1.7, ambient temp was about 90 degrees. I got no limp modes (unless you count running out of gas as a limp mode) but oil temp got up to 270-280 which I think is a little high. I have the Stett stg 2 oil cooler. This was running the Cobb Stg2+ Aggressive.

So I decided to do a few things. First, I wanted to get the foglights out to allow more airflow to the oil cooler. I figured since I was in there, I might as well do brake ducts, even though I haven't had brake issues since I have Stoptechs. Better safe than sorry.

Here's a pic of the hoses running from the front of the car around the oil cooler and inside the fender liner and following the control arm out to the brake dust shield/backing plate:

Here's what the front looks like after the foglight delete. Notice the huge frontal area now to allow air in:

I also intend to run a light mixture of E85, I have been thinking 5 gallons of E85 for each fillup at the track. This will be easy as 5 gallon gas cans are easy to fill up with E85 before i go to the track and bring with me. However, my stock clutch would slip when I run the Cobb E30 map, so I needed a new clutch. I figured go ahead and get a lightweight flywheel as well. This is spec stage 2+ clutch with aluminum flywheel.

I also got one of the VAC oil pan baffles, and got it installed. Since these cars have no oil pressure senders (just a pressure switch that I believe only comes on at 8psi... ) I can't tell if I was oil starving on the track prior to this or not. But now, I won't be. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks to Vorshlag who is doing the work for me. They are also corner balancing the car.
Appreciate 0