View Single Post
      12-17-2012, 12:24 PM   #117
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

As much as it pains me to be a Shah apologist..

Shah doesn't understand why the girl is willing to settle with someone who is not her ideal type, thus proceeds to call her a slut etc.

Anti-Shah's (good grief) are offended by his calling her out on her lack of morals.
The truth is in between.
A short story.
Back in ancient China, during the Three Kingdoms Period (yes, many computers games made of it), Liu Bei was the 'good' (/moral) guy and Cao Cao was the bad guy, but why did Cao Cao win in the end? My take is because Liu Bei TOOK TOO DAMN LONG, literally, he ran out of time to unite the country using his 'moral' methods. The ruthless but pratical Cao Cao prevailed because his time table fitted that of heaven's, meaning the country needed to be united more than it needed to be moral.

So can the same be same with marriage?
I profess I am/was like Liu Bei, always wanting to do the moral or 'right' thing, but as you can see I am getting old and still single, depriving a very fortunately (or unfortunate) woman of the chance to marry and have a family.

So we can't have too high standards, always insisting to do it the 'right' way.. because God and the woman won't wait.

So thanks to Shah and Litos for highlighting both side of this very interesting debate, at least I have found answers here.
Appreciate 0