06-12-2015, 01:10 AM   #1218
onezoso
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i E90

Lawsuit and HPFP factory defect..

Quote:
Originally Posted by still in school View Post
On my way home from work today, I first noticed that my boost was barely building. The throttle was not normal and the car would not accelerate like usual. I then proceed to give it about 80% throttle and boost would build but quickly drop and build again. I decided that it would be best to leave it alone and just cruise the rest of the way home. About 15 miles later, I get a complete loss of power. I had to coast off into the shoulder, which is pretty scary to say the least. As my car was coming to a complete stop, the yellow coolant light lit up. I pulled out my phone to call for a tow truck but decided to turn the car off and back on as a last hope. What do you know, car started right up without any hiccups and boost/throttle response was back to normal. No light or CEL either, maybe from the JB4's autoclear?

-4 months ago, BMW replaced my HPFP with 13517616446, could it have possibly gone bad this soon?
-I have gotten the half engine light before (twice)
-Took it to BMW but they said they couldn't do anything because they couldn't pull any codes.
I had the 08 535i (n54) with the manufacture defective HPFP amd it would do that. Finally after the 4th time, I had enough proof to initiate a Lemon Law buy back on my car!

There has been a huge lawsuit going on for years now about the faulty pump and you can google and read about it online. BMW. has been quietly offering buy backs because of this class action lawsuit.

I was told by various sources to contact a law firm that deals in Lemon Laws (Im in California) and they will get the ball rolling on it.

I simply called BMWNA directly was very polite and professional, explained my problem and they offered to initiate the buy back process NO lawyers needed!!

I gotta hand it to BMW, within less than one month I was dropping off my car to the dealership and getting a check for the 35 grand I had already paid AND they paid of my remaining loan! So essentially I got to drive a BMW for almost three years FREE OF CHARGE! I walked away Scott free of the whole damn thing!

I used 25K of the 35k and put it down on a sweet CPO 2011 E90, 335i LCI (N55 of course) and love it! Although it too has the mushy feeling throttle response! (
Appreciate 0