View Single Post
      08-02-2012, 12:29 PM   #27
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyle View Post
Ha! It's only money...just wait for the gov't to print more!

On a serious note, HPA has the 5200's for ~$1.5k more than TCK DAs. I have no doubt that they are better.

I'm still convinced that TCK offers the best bang for the buck.

OP: Hit up Harold@HPA. He sells all of the products mentioned in this thread and will have the best advice on these forums. It's up to you to determine where the price gets a little steep. For me, when I start looking at 50% $$ of a Spec e30 in just suspension for my DD, I draw the line, lol.
Both TCK DA's and AST 5200's are great products, but TCK DA's are better compared to the AST 4200(no external canisters).

We competed in Redline Time Attack for 2 years with reworked(re-valved for much higher rate springs) TCK DA's and had great results. We were the only Koni equipped competitor in our class, everyone else were on KW's or something else. We also sponsored a stock class driver with TCK DA's on his E92 M3 and he has had a couple podium finishes as well. Our driver who has had plenty of seat time on KW's said the Koni's were much better in damping than KW's.

This debate can go on forever, I recommend buying the best name brand dampers you are afford and you will be happy that you did.
Appreciate 0