View Single Post
      11-28-2011, 02:23 PM   #35
Advance501
Rep
Drives: 2007 e90 335i

I am having a bit of a problem registering a new 80ah AGM battery to my E90 (02/2007 manufactured date). I read this thread and others regarding battery coding and registration many times, and it appears that changing the VO is the proper method to use when replacing the stock battery (90ah wet cell in my case) with a different type or rating. The problem I am having is after changing the VO for the new AGM battery and registering the battery with tool32, INPA is still telling me that I have a 90ah battery installed (Sparky66 procedure in post #17 of this thread). When I read the KLASSE_BATTERIE line in my CAS it still reads 90ah. Is there a step that I am missing between writing the new –A080 code to VO and registering the battery with tool32? Below is the exact step by step procedure I used:

Changing VO:

1. Open NCSEXPERT
2. File > Load profile > Select Expertmode > Click OK
3. Press F1 (VIN/ZCS/FA)
4. Press F3 (CS/FA f. EC) > Select E89 > Click OK > Select CAS > Click OK
5. Press F6 (Back)
6. Press F1 (VIN/ZCS/FA)
7. Press F2 (Enter FA) > Select E89 > Click OK
8. A window labeled “Eneter VIN” appears with your vehicles VIN number filled in > Click OK
9. A window labeled Enter FA appears > scroll to find VO for old battery (-B090) > highlight –B090 and press delete on keyboard
10. Enter –A080 is “Attribute” box > Click Add > Click OK
11. Press F6 (Back)
12. Press F4 (Process ECU) > Select CAS > Click OK
13. Press F2 (Change Job) > Select FA_Write > Click OK
14. Press F3 (Execute Job)
15. Verify that the write is complete “Job Ended”
16. Press F1 (Change ECU) > Select FRM > Click OK
17. Verify lines : get coded, FRM, JOBNAME = FA_Write
18. Press F3 (Execute Job)
19. Verify that the write is complete “Job Ended”
20. Press F6 (Back) > Exit NCSEXPERT

Register Battery:

1. Open Tool32
2. Datei > SGBD, Gruppendatei Laded > Select MSD80.PRG > Click Open
3. Highlight steuern_batterietausch_registri
4. Job > Job Einmal Ausfuhren (run job once)
5. The job runs pretty quickly and the results say Job_status = okay. The results are exactly like that of post #26 in this thread.

I have gone back and looked at the VO codes in both CAS and FRM modules using steps 1 – 8 in my above procedure. I have confirmed that the original VO “-B090” is not in the list anymore and “-A080” has been added to the list.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Appreciate 1