View Single Post
      05-23-2012, 08:12 PM   #77
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92/E60

Have you ever heard a saying that you can't judge a book by its cover. The caddy interior is much improved specially in CTS-V form and I will be the first one to tell you that from my experience with them. But trust me those that have sat in CTS-V for long time or owned or drove it on track or daily will also tell you without any bias. That there is still a difference in build quality between 5 series/3 series and CTS-V .

For example the buttons do feel a bit flimsy and the seats are not all that great for Recaros. Now not saying they are horrible but they are not as great as they could be when you compare them against other Recaro seats. The black looking extra shiny trim pieces all around center stack looks fine in a picture. But in person it looks a little plasticky and not look very high quality.

Also, you must have misunderstood me I am not claiming that BMW's are Bentley's or anything and Caddy CTS-V is trash. Me and the OP both agree that there is fit and finish and quality of materials difference when you compare them side by side in favor of BMW.

Either way no one is buying the CTS-V for their higher interior quality. But rather for a impressive performance potential at a bargain price. If they were that concerned about interior quality they would have gone with Audi or Lexus instead of CTS-V.

Regardless I really like CTS-V specially the coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYearsBoy View Post
Jesus what do you guys drive Bentleys???

The interior is Awesome.. The seats don't peal, the buttons work right, you can see the digital screen, and best of all no foam dash.. Its a win win everywhere..
nickname"BAD 3",MHD E85 tune,RennArt catback non-resonated exhaust,VRSF Downpipes, VRSF 7"FMIC,VRSF stock side inlets,SSQV BOV,ECS CP,M-performance alcantara steering,retrofit M3 paddle shifters,Alpina B3 tranny flash,AFE power seal CAI,LED angels,ST Coilovers,M3 upper/lower control arms,E93 M3 Front Swaybar ,235/35/19x9 ,275/30/19x9.5. M sport bumpers, CF diffuser. When in doubt..flat out.

Last edited by Kayani_1; 05-23-2012 at 08:36 PM..
Appreciate 0