View Single Post
      05-08-2014, 02:21 AM   #5
Testercles
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335iA

Thanks for the response. I just wasn't sure if a custom tune was necessary with different modifications and stuff, cause I know with an NA car that you need a tune to get the most out of a set of pipes but never having had a turbo before of course things may be different. If it's half the price of a custom tune and produces similar results then I'm all for it.
I guess with a turbo it's all about air flow, so the downpipes are where the gains are, not the pipes from the cat back? I had looked at some catless DPs but kind of canned that idea when I heard about all the sensors n stuff but looks like it's back on the cards if nothing's affected. I like the idea and sound of a CAI but would certainly want a covered one to look more stock. Is there any importance on the order in which things are modified after the tune? Anything that goes well together etc. I was always under the impression that a dyno tune was done after a set of mod to tie everything together and have everything playing as nicely as possible. I'm such a noob when it comes to tuning.
Whiter AEs are definitely on the to do list and whilst it would be lovely to have the front LCI lights the rears are definitely in need of improvement. With the non-LCI headlights should the AEs come on when the car is unlocked like my old car or was that an LCI update as well?
As far as the wheels go I tried searching everywhere and can't find an image or opinion on the Style 588 on an E90. I feel that they're similar to the 313 but a bit more rounded. As long as offset is all alright I can't decide between them and the (more common) 370. Hmmm.
Appreciate 0