United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 F80 M3, 22 G01 X3 30i

Garage List
2022 BMW X3  [9.83]
2015 BMW M3  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
Good advice in this thread. Yes OP (how's that coding going for you, btw? ), I'd definitely check out the Tejas Chapter events. The Berli's and BBQ event should be pretty interesting, and I'm actually coordinating the Bluebonnet Drive in March.

As for service, yes BMW of Austin is an amazing place. The facilities themselves are incredibly nicely done, and where else have you found a dealership with a movie theater? Yes, seriously, complete with soundproofing, La-Z-Boys, and a ~106" projection setup fed by a 500-disc Blu-ray player that allows you to choose what to watch while you wait. And the employees there are unbelievably helpful and polite -- not just the SAs, but the techs too! I once had an SA walk me from Point A to B and he couldn't accompany me all the way but clearly pointed me to the door I needed to go to and then radioed ahead to an employee at said door asking them to make sure to get the door for me!

All that said, I have no idea what they charge for work done outside of warranty/Ultimate Service. If you need an indy recommendation closer to Central Austin, check out Flamingo Automotive. I wrote a review for them on Yelp so I won't regurgitate all that here, but you can read it here: http://www.yelp.com/biz/flamingo-aut...PUQd9a3GhK4ipw.
John - you may remember that we, as BMWCCA members get a 20% discount on parts and labor at BMW of Austin. Penny Boos is a superb SA - she's taken care of us and our cars now for 6 years.

PS - the ship carrying the new F30 docks in Port Brunswick today!

2015 F80 ///M3 Sedan 7DCT Tanzanite, 2022 X3 sDrive30i 8AT Brooklyn Grey
Appreciate 0