Dan in PA
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtac View Post
You couldn't be more wrong as far as my experience, and I don't need to refute that.

No one will ever dethrone the iphone not because of its fan base, but because of their track record of getting things right. None of the things they have really done are new, but they rework existing ideas and as steve jobs say make it "magic".

How do you think they become fan boys? Consumers vote with their wallets.

I highly disagree it is for the average joe, it is the best product on the market for EVERYONE. By specific i meant if you would like to develop for the android(Waste of time if your after $)

At&t service with the iphone is not that great, it does suck, however I'm also convinced anyone who puts 50m iphones on their network would have the same problems. And truth be told I think at&t has done a great job of ramping it up, the issue was not with data, it is with voice.

Flash again I understand where you are coming from, but it is a business decision, they are taking a hit and deciding what they think is best for the industry and for future growth. Flash kills the battery, Flash ads suck, Flash websites are not like 1999. Apple has always removed things from their products because they don't believe n it, and it has worked wonders so far. I personally have never needed flash, do some poeple do? sure but the majority do not and this is what is RIGHT FOR THEM whether they know it or not.

osx has what 12% market share now? that is redic as it is MUCH MUCH MUCH better than ms latest offering, but people don't know what is good for them.

People are not rational they do not make informed decisions, honestly if you do not run osx, or have a smart phone that is not an iphone again for ANY specific reason and the reasons you give will be fixed in time, not implementation does not know what they are missing.

It's the same thing as if bmw were cheap as hondas and people still bought hondas.

I agree that Windows sucks. It's refreshing to come home from work and use OS X, everything is just so much better for me. Just because someone prefers Windows does not mean that they are missing out on anything. It's personal preference.

Saying that developing for Android is a waste of time if you're after money is utter bullshit and you know it. You could say the same exact statement about developing for OS X.