PichaDis11
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 N52

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyT View Post
Something that I see on many other cars as well: If you shut off accessory power while the windshield wipers are in mid-swing, the wipers will just stop in the middle of windshield and stay there. I don't understand why they couldn't make the wipers to complete the last swing and stop in their resting locations. I wonder if there's some rationale behind this behavior. My previous car (a Honda) did exactly the same thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyT View Post
Ingenious! This is the answer I was looking for!

Really? Somehow I don't have any "cut the power to the wiper motor" buttons in my car that I could press. And I don't hack any power cables leading to the windshield with an axe. All I do is remove my key fob from the slot.

And you know what? My stereo continues playing! My power seats continue moving! My power windows continue to work! Even though I just "cut the power", as you said. Removing the fob does not really cut the overall power in this car.

Yet, for some reason, when I remove my key from the slot the windshield wipers stop instantly and immediately in the middle of the windshield. Yes, of course, they stopped because the "power to the motor" was "cut". But it wasn't really cut be me. It was cut by the car's computer (or whatever power control system they use). By the very same computer that decided to keep the power available to the stereo and to the windows. And my questions is: what is the logic (if any) behind this apparently illogical behavior of windshield wipers?

I don't understand what's so difficult to understand about that simple question.

If you know the answer, feel free to enlighten me. I am all ears.
The only logical thing for that function is for when you want to change the blades.
I liked this feature in GA because I liked cleaning the windshield whenever I fill up. (Hate bug stains) Whenever I would try to flip the arms up when they're in "park" it would graze the hood since they are neatly tucked away for less Aerodynamic drag when not in use.
Appreciate 0